Sky crush LibertyJul 7, 2013 - 9:23 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Elena Delle Donne had 20 points and six rebounds and the Chicago Sky routed the New York Liberty, 93-64, on Sunday.
Delle Donne, the second overall pick in the 2013 WNBA Draft, went 7-for-12 from the field. Epiphanny Prince scored 18 points for the Sky, who have won four of their last five games.
Cappie Pondexter had 18 points while Toni Young added 10 points off the bench for the Liberty, who are on a three-game losing streak.
The Liberty were limited to just 33.3 percent shooting from the floor, including 2-for-12 from beyond the arc.
Chicago took the lead with 9:29 remaining in the second quarter and didn't look back.
The Sky led 42-31 at halftime, with Prince scoring 14 points. They scored 28 points in the third period and had a 24-point lead entering the fourth.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8