Surging Sky eclipse SunJul 13, 2013 - 1:00 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Elena Delle Donne poured in 23 points and Swin Cash donated 19 as the Chicago Sky captured their sixth victory in seven tries with an 83-70 decision over the Connecticut Sun.
Delle Donne made all nine of her free throws, Cash converted 7-of-10 from the field while also pulling down eight boards. Chicago received 14 points and eight rebounds from Sylvia Fowles in the wire-to-wire win.
Tina Charles was the game's high-scorer with 29 points, but Mistie Bass was Connecticut's only other double-digit scorer in the team's sixth setback in seven games. Bass scored 13 off the bench.
The Sky were off and running from the start, scoring the game's first 12 points. They led by as many as 15 in the opening frame and carried a 22-point advantage in the second before holding a 50-35 edge at the break.
Connecticut trailed by double-digits the entire second half.
- CHICAGO: 83
Jul 12 8:50 PM
- CHICAGO: 50
Jul 12 7:51 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 12 7:07 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21