Sky rout SunAug 10, 2013 - 1:12 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Epiphanny Prince scored 23 points as the Chicago Sky defeated the Connecticut Sun, 77-61, on Friday.
Elena Delle Donne had 19 points and nine rebounds and Sylvia Fowles recorded a double-double with 14 points and 10 boards for the Sky, who have won seven of their last 10 games. They have a one-game lead over Atlanta for first place in the Eastern Conference standings.
Allison Hightower scored 13 points while Kelsey Griffin added 12 for the Sun. who shot 32.1 percent from the field and went 1-for-14 from three-point range.
Chicago led wire-to-wire in this contest.
At halftime, the Sky had a 42-27 lead. In the third quarter, Delle Donne had 11 points and her team had a 62-43 advantage entering the fourth.
Connecticut outscored Chicago 18-15 in the final period, with Mistie Bass scoring nine points, but it wasn't enough.
- CHICAGO: 77
Aug 9 8:59 PM
- CHICAGO: 42
Aug 9 7:50 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 9 7:14 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21