January guides Fever past SkySep 7, 2013 - 3:03 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Briann January led five Indiana players in double figures with 23 points as the Fever edged the Chicago Sky, 82-77, on Friday.
Shavonte Zellous poured in 14 points and Erlana Larkins finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Tamika Catchings also added a double-double with 10 points and 10 boards for the playoff-hopeful Fever. Indiana, which won the WNBA championship last season, improved to 14-16 and is tied with the Washington Mystics for the final two spots in the Eastern Conference.
Sylvia Fowles scored 23 points and Epiphanny Prince added 19 for the Sky, who has already clinched the top spot in the East.
Rookie star Elena Delle Donne scored 14 points in the setback.
The Fever led 44-34 at the break and stretched its spread to 13 entering the final frame.
The Sky, though, used a 10-3 run, capped with Swin Cash's 3-pointer with 1:15 left, to pull within 75-69.
Chicago couldn't get closer the rest of the way until Cash buried a triple at the buzzer to account for the final margin.
- INDIANA: 82
Sep 6 10:41 PM
- INDIANA: 44
Sep 6 9:26 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 6 8:37 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2