Moore, Lynx open season by beating SunJun 2, 2013 - 2:21 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Maya Moore had 26 points and seven rebounds and the Minnesota Lynx opened their season with a 90-74 win over the Connecticut Sun on Saturday.
Seimone Augustus scored 20 points and Rebekkah Brunson added 12 for the Lynx, who fell to the Indiana Fever in last season's WNBA Finals.
The WNBA's 12th overall draft pick Lindsey Moore made her debut but was 0-for-2 from the field and recorded just one rebound.
Tina Charles registered a double-double with 22 points and 10 rebounds, including eight offensive rebounds. Kara Lawson also scored 22 points for the Sun, who have lost two straight after winning their season opener.
Minnesota took the lead with 7:30 to play in the first quarter and didn't look back.
The Lynx held just a three-point lead after the first, they scored 31 points on 65 percent shooting in the second.
In the second half, the Sun were held to just 35 points. Charles scored 12 points, but the rest of the team shot 32.1 percent and had just two free throw attempts.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14