Mercury hammer FeverAug 15, 2013 - 4:19 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Candice Dupree led four Phoenix scorers in double-digits with 16 points and the Mercury crushed the Indiana Fever, 75-58, on Wednesday.
The Mercury built a 12-point lead by halftime and it grew to as many as 18 points in the third before opening a 20-point advantage down the stretch to pick up their fourth win in five games.
DeWanna Bonner chipped in 15 points and Diana Taurasi contributed a 12-point, 11-assist double-double. Brittney Griner added 14 points and eight rebounds.
The Fever shot an unimpressive 31.3 percent (21-of-67) for the game. Tamika Catchings scored 16 and Erin Phillips had 14 in the team's second setback in three games.
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8