Lynx pull away from Silver Stars in second halfJun 12, 2013 - 2:35 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Lindsay Whalen filled the stat sheet with 23 points, seven rebounds and six assists as the Minnesota Lynx downed the San Antonio Silver Stars, 87-72, at Target Center.
Maya Moore added 19 points and nine rebounds while Seimone Augustus and Monica Wright chipped in 18 and 16 points, respectively, for the Lynx, who have won eight straight home games against their Western Conference rival.
Shenise Johnson had a team-high 16 points for the Silver Stars, who have lost their first two road games of the season.
A back-and-forth first half featured 12 lead changes and 10 ties and ended with the Silver Stars clinging to a 36-35 lead.
The Lynx ended the third quarter on a 12-6 run to take a 60-53 cushion into the fourth, which they began with a 10-1 flurry to all but put the game away.
- SAN ANTONIO: 72
Jun 11 10:01 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 36
Jun 11 8:56 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 11 8:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14