Moore leads Minnesota past PhoenixJul 22, 2013 - 12:17 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Maya Moore scored seven of her 14 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Minnesota Lynx to an 82-77 win against the Phoenix Mercury.
The Lynx entered the fourth quarter down five, but Moore rallied down the stretch. She knocked down a go-ahead three with 47 seconds left to put Minnesota ahead for good.
On the Lynx's following possession, Moore had a layup to put Minnesota up four and knocked down a pair of free throws with 19 seconds left to go up five.
Rebekkah Brunson had 18 points and 13 rebounds and Seimone Augustus and Lindsay Whalen each had 15 points for the Lynx, which won its sixth straight game.
Diana Taurasi had seven rebounds and six assists to go with a game-high 26 points for the Mercury, which lost for the fourth time in five games.
- MINNESOTA: 82
Jul 21 8:03 PM
- MINNESOTA: 36
Jul 21 7:00 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 21 6:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25