Silver Stars edge Liberty in OTJun 23, 2013 - 10:04 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Shenise Johnson's jumper with 36.1 seconds left in overtime lifted the San Antonio Silver Stars over the New York Liberty, 78-77, on Sunday.
Johnson ended with eight points, seven rebounds and three steals for the Silver Stars, who snapped a four-game skid. Danielle Robinson tallied 18 points, seven boards and five steals.
Danielle Adams recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds for San Antonio. DeLisha Milton-Jones and Jia Perkins added 15 and 12 points, respectively.
Cappie Pondexter ended with 19 points and 11 rebounds for the Liberty, who had a brief two-game winning streak snapped. Plenette Pierson donated 18 points.
Adams' free throw with 23.2 seconds left in regulation tied the game at 68. Adams then blocked Pondexter's shot from beyond the arc.
Katie Smith's 3-pointer gave New York a 77-74 edge with 2:05 remaining in overtime, but the Liberty didn't score again. Robinson's layup pulled the Silver Stars within one before Johnson made the game-winning shot.
- SAN ANTONIO: 78
NEW YORK: 77
Final - OT
Jun 23 5:46 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 34
NEW YORK: 32
Jun 23 3:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 23 3:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22