Wiggins carries Shock past LibertySep 1, 2013 - 11:14 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Candice Wiggins buried six 3-pointers en route to a game-high 25 points, as the Tulsa Shock downed the New York Liberty, 93-88, on Sunday.
Riquna Williams scored 22 points and Skylar Diggins added 14 points, five rebounds, four assists and four steals for the Shock, who had dropped three of their last four games coming in.
Cappie Pondexter poured in 20 points to cross the 5,000-point plateau for her career, while Kara Braxton netted 20 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for the Liberty, who have lost six of their last seven games to fall three games behind Indiana for the final playoff spot in the East with four games remaining.
Tulsa held an 86-80 cushion with 1:13 remaining before the Liberty reeled off six straight points, capped by Pondexter's triple with 35.3 ticks left that tied the game at 86.
Courtney Paris, who finished with 10 points and 13 boards, responded with a three-point play to put the Shock back in front.
Pondexter answered with a layup at the other end to trim the margin to one, but the Liberty failed to score the rest of the way as Tulsa made just enough free throws down to stretch to hang on for the victory.
- NEW YORK: 88
Sep 1 6:46 PM
- NEW YORK: 48
Sep 1 5:24 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 1 4:51 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22