Mercury squeak past Shock in OTJun 16, 2013 - 11:17 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Diana Taurasi finished with 29 points, nine rebounds and nine assists to guide the Phoenix Mercury past the Tulsa Shock, 108-103, in overtime on Sunday.
DeWanna Bonner added 23 points and Candice Dupree finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Mercury, winners in three straight. Brittney Griner added 16 points, five rebounds and five blocks and Charde Houston finished with 10 points in the win.
Glory Johnson posted game-highs with 32 points and 15 rebounds -- 12 offensive boards -- and Riquna Williams added 28 points for the Shock, who have dropped seven of their first eight games to open the season.
Skylar Diggins chipped in with 22 points and eight assists in the setback.
Phoenix led 80-74 following Bonner's trey with 7:20 left, but Tulsa scored seven straight points to capture the lead.
The Mercury countered with a 5-0 run of their own moments later. Phoenix led 93-90 following a Taurasi free throw with 6.6 seconds left, but Williams drained a 3-pointer at the buzzer to force the game to overtime.
Williams knocked down a jumper at the start of the bonus period to put the Shock up 95-93, but the Mercury opened a 13-6 swing to go up 105-101 with 10.5 seconds left.
Johnson knocked down a pair of free throws with 5.7 ticks showing and Tulsa quickly fouled Taurasi, who buried a pair to seal the win.
- PHOENIX: 108
Final - OT
Jun 16 6:57 PM
- PHOENIX: 48
Jun 16 5:29 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 16 4:39 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8