Taurasi, Mercury down ShockAug 10, 2013 - 4:29 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Diana Taurasi scored 23 points and Candice Dupree added 20 in the Phoenix Mercury's 70-67 win over the Tulsa Shock.
Briana Gilbreath added 11 points and eight rebounds for the Mercury, who had dropped seven of their last nine games coming in.
Liz Cambage had 19 points to lead Tulsa, which has lost three of its last four tilts.
Phoenix began the fourth on an 11-3 run to take a 65-56 lead, but nine straight by the Shock knotted the tilt with 1:53 remaining.
A Taurasi bucket and Lynetta Kizer layup put the Mercury back up by four with 53 ticks left.
Nicole Powell's jumper made it a one-possession game and after Taurasi misfired with 10 seconds to play, Tulsa had a chance to tie it, but Candice Wiggins' short dropper with nine seconds to go didn't drop and the Mercury held on.
Phoenix led 40-38 at the break.
- TULSA: 67
Aug 10 12:12 AM
- TULSA: 38
Aug 9 10:57 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 9 10:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8