Mercury pound ShockAug 12, 2013 - 12:35 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Three Phoenix Mercury players scored 20-plus points as they defeated the Tulsa Shock, 77-56, on Sunday.
DeWanna Bonner led the Mercury with 21 points, while Candice Dupree and Diana Taurasi had 20 points apiece.
Elizabeth Cambage scored 19 points, but recorded six turnovers. Skylar Diggins also scored 19 points, all in the second half, for the Shock, who shot just 27.5 percent from the field.
Tulsa has lost three straight and four of its last five games.
The Mercury led to wire-to-wire in this contest.They had an 18-12 lead after the first quarter, but pulled away in the second, outscoring the Shock 22-4.
With a commanding 40-16 lead at halftime, Phoenix cruised throughout the rest of the contest, despite Diggins' second-half performance.
- TULSA: 56
Aug 11 7:59 PM
- TULSA: 16
Aug 11 6:56 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 11 6:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8