Shock ease past StormJun 23, 2013 - 2:36 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Roneeka Hodges connected on four 3-pointers in scoring 19 points, and the Tulsa Shock received double-digit scoring efforts from five others during a 92-70 thrashing of the Seattle Storm.
Hodges was 7-for-9 overall from the field and the Shock shot 50 percent as a team to notch their second straight win.
Glory Johnson added a 14-point, 12-rebound double-double while Nicole Powell and Skylar Diggins each scored 11 in the victory.
Tianna Hawkins scored 17 off the bench for the Storm, who had a three-game win streak stopped. Temeka Johnson chipped in with 13 points and Shekinna Stricklen and Alysha Clark each had 10.
Tulsa held an 11-point lead after each of the first two quarters, then broke it open after halftime. Johnson contributed 10 of her points in the third, helping the Shock outscore the Storm by a 30-19 count in the period.
The margin never got closer than 19 points in the final frame.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14