Fever cruise past Sky, return to conference finalsSep 22, 2013 - 9:34 PM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - The defending-champion Indiana Fever will return to the Eastern Conference Finals for the third straight season after cruising past the top-seeded Chicago Sky, 79-57, to complete a two-game sweep.
Tamika Catchings led the way with 18 points and 12 rebounds and Erlana Larkins had 14 points and pulled down 11 boards for the Fever, who won the season- series with Chicago, 3-1.
Sylvia Fowles chipped in 14 points and 14 rebounds and rookie Elena Delle Donne finished with 10 points on a dismal 2-of-11 shooting from the field for the Sky, who made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.
Indiana raced out to a 22-14 lead after the first quarter and took a 47-27 lead into the break. The 20-point spread was the Fever's largest halftime lead in the playoffs in franchise history.
The Fever outscored Chicago 20-16 in the third before cruising to victory in the fourth.
Indiana has been in the conference finals in six of the last nine season.
The Sky shot just 29.8 percent from the field.
- CHICAGO: 57
Sep 22 5:10 PM
- CHICAGO: 27
Sep 22 4:00 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 22 3:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2