Davenport lifts Liberty over MercuryJun 3, 2007 - 10:34 PM NEW YORK (Ticker) -- Jessica Davenport's three-point play with six seconds left lifted the New York Liberty to an 83-82 victory over the Phoenix Mercury Sunday.
Cappie Pondexter gave the Mercury an 82-80 advantage with 10 seconds left but then fouled Davenport as she made the layup to tie the game. Davenport made the free throw to give the Liberty the lead and Pondexter missed a three-point attempt in the final seconds.
Davenport scored 15 points and Loree Moore added 22 and nine rebounds for New York, which remained undefeated.
Cathrine Kraayeveld had 10 points and 13 rebounds for the Liberty, who shot 42 percent (30-of-71) from the field and tied their highest scoring output of the season.
Phoenix was led by Pondexter, who scored 19 points on 8-of-22 shooting.
Diana Taurasi had 16 points and six assists and Penny Taylor added 15 points for the Mercury, who shot 43 percent (29-of-68).
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22