Augustus carries Lynx past Sun in overtimeJun 14, 2007 - 2:49 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Seimone Augustus scored six of her 28 points in overtime as the Minnesota Lynx posted a 77-73 victory over the Connecticut Sun on Wednesday night.
Nicole Ohlde had 18 points and eight rebounds and Lindsey Harding scored 11 for Minnesota, which shot 40 percent (30-of-74) from the field and forced 21 turnovers.
In the extra session, Harding and Augustus scored on consecutive driving layups as Minnesota grabbed the lead for good at 75-71 with 1:49 remaining.
Connecticut guard Katie Douglas' layup with 14 seconds to go in regular forced OT. The Lynx had a chance to win it in regulation, but Harding missed a 16-footer at the buzzer.
Asjha Jones collected 22 points and 11 boards and Nykesha Sales poured in 15 for the Sun, who shot 40 percent (32-of-79) and scored 38 points in the paint.
MINNESOTA 77 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jun 13 10:07 PM
MINNESOTA 67 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jun 13 9:48 PM
MINNESOTA 52 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 13 9:23 PM
MINNESOTA 36 HALFTIME
Jun 13 8:49 PM
MINNESOTA 11 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 13 8:26 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14