Augustus nails game-winner to lift Lynx over StormJun 23, 2007 - 2:17 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Seimone Augustus scored 23 points and hit a game-winning jumper with five seconds left to help the Minnesota Lynx to a 78-76 victory over the Seattle Storm on Friday.
In a game that featured seven ties and 10 lead changes, Augustus stole a pass from Sue Bird with 27 seconds left and hit a jumper with time winding down.
Seattle's Betty Lennox tried to answer but Nicole Ohlde came up with a game-saving block of a layup at the buzzer.
Lindsey Harding added 16 points with seven rebounds and five assists, as Minnesota won for just the fifth time in 11 games.
Bird scored 25 points on 10-of-15 shooting, including 5-of-7 from the arc, but had the huge turnover at the end.
Lennox added 18 for the Storm, who battled back from a 10-point deficit with 5:01 left by going on an 11-1 run but never took the lead.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15