Powell leads Monarchs past LynxJul 7, 2007 - 3:29 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Nicole Powell scored a season-high 21 points as the Sacramento Monarchs posted an 85-80 victory over the Minnesota Lynx.
Rebekkah Brunson had 10 points and seven rebounds and Scholanda Robinson also scored 10 for Sacramento (12-6), which has won 11 straight vs. Minnesota.
The victory also tied the Monarchs with the Indiana Fever (12-4) for most wins in the WNBA.
Powell, who connected on 8-of-11 from the field and 3-of-5 from 3-point range, made a 12-foot bank shot with 1:21 left to give Sacramento the lead for good, 78-76.
Seimone Augustus scored 23 points and Nicole Ohlde added 21 points and eight rebounds for the Lynx, who have lost three in a row.
This game was played at Williams Arena on the campus of the University of Minnesota because the Target Center was being prepped for a Prince concert on Saturday. It's the first time the Lynx have ever played here away from their home arena.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2
- WNBA free agency begins, Liberty signs Indiana guard Zellous Feb 1