Catchings helps Fever hold off SkyJul 18, 2007 - 8:06 PM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Tamika Catchings collected 22 points and 13 rebounds and Tammy Sutton-Brown added 12 and six as the Indiana Fever held on for a 75-74 victory over the Chicago Sky on Wednesday afternoon.
Tamika Whitmore had eight points and five rebounds in just 17 minutes for the Fever (16-4), who shot 47.5 percent (28-of-59) from the field, including 7-of-14 from the arc.
Catchings shot 7-of-11 from the floor, dominated the glass and dished out six assists, and Sutton-Brown was 4-of-10 from the field for Indiana, which forced Chicago into a turnover on the final possession to preserve the victory.
Jia Perkins scored 24 points off the bench for the Sky (8-13), who shot 46 percent (29-of-63) from the field but committed 17 turnovers.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2