Hammon, Silver Stars edge StormJul 30, 2007 - 3:32 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Becky Hammon scored 30 points to lead the San Antonio Silver Stars to a 92-88 victory over the Seattle Storm on Sunday.
Hammon shot 10-of-16 from the field and 7-of-7 from the free-throw line and reserve Marie Ferdinand-Harris added a season-high 14 points for the Silver Stars, who have won three of their last four contests.
Ruth Riley collected 13 points and Vickie Johnson dished out eight assists for San Antonio, which shot 52 percent (32-of-62).
The Storm was led by Lauren Jackson, who scored 29 points on 10-of-17 shooting and grabbed seven rebounds. Jackson has averaged 31.5 points over her last four games.
Sue Bird had 17 points and Janell Burse and Betty Lennox each added 15 points for Seattle, which shot 52 percent (32-of-62) from the field and committed 21 turnovers which led to 26 points.
SAN ANTONIO 92
SEATTLE 86 FINAL
Jul 29 11:10 PM
SAN ANTONIO 71
SEATTLE 69 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 29 10:37 PM
SAN ANTONIO 43
SEATTLE 42 HALFTIME
Jul 29 9:59 PM
SAN ANTONIO 20
SEATTLE 22 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 29 9:33 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14