Douglas powers Sun past SkyAug 1, 2007 - 1:27 AM UNCASVILLE, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Katie Douglas, the WNBA Player of the Week, scored 18 points as the Connecticut Sun continued their hot play by beating the Chicago Sky, 74-56, on Tuesday night.
The win was Connecticut's ninth in its last 10 games.
Asjha Jones scored 16 points and pulled down seven rebounds for the Sun (15-12) as they finished the month with a 9-2 record. The Sun took the lead in the first quarter with 8:08 remaining on a fadeaway jumper by Lindsay Whalen. Whalen finished with 10 points on 4-of-9 shooting.
Jia Perkins scored 17 points and grabbed seven rebounds as the Sky (12-15) managed just 21 points in the second half.
Chicago's 56 points was the fewest allowed by Connecticut this season.
CONNECTICUT 74 FINAL
Jul 31 8:47 PM
CONNECTICUT 64 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 31 8:23 PM
CONNECTICUT 41 HALFTIME
Jul 31 7:50 PM
CONNECTICUT 24 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 31 7:25 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21