Dydek helps Sun clinch playoff spot with win over SkyAug 12, 2007 - 3:57 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Margo Dydek scored a season-high 18 points to help the Connecticut Sun clinch a playoff spot for the fifth consecutive season with a 88-66 win over the Chicago Sky on Saturday.
Asjha Jones scored 14 points and Jamie Carey added 13 for Connecticut (17-13), which won for the 11th time in 13 games and moved within 1 1/2 games of Indiana (19-12) for second place in the Eastern Conference.
Candice Dupree scored 18 points and Stacey Dales chipped in 11 for Chicago (12-19), which has lost five straight.
The Sun, who shot 54 percent (32-for-59), sealed the game in the third quarter, going on a 17-6 run to take a 58-41 lead with 3:59 left.
CHICAGO 66 FINAL
Aug 11 9:50 PM
CHICAGO 48 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 11 9:24 PM
CHICAGO 33 HALFTIME
Aug 11 8:49 PM
CHICAGO 16 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 11 8:24 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21