Graziani, Soul put squeeze on RushMar 9, 2008 - 8:47 PM ROSEMONT, Illinois (Ticker) -- Tony Graziani threw for five touchdown passes and ran for another to lead the Philadelphia Soul to a 60-49 victory over the Chicago Rush on Sunday.
Finishing 21-of-32 for 271 yards and zero interceptions, Graziani threw three scoring passes in a span of under 9 1/2 minutes bridging the third and fourth quarters to give the Soul (2-0) a 50-35 lead with 10:12 to play.
The final two touchdown passes went to Chris Jackson, who had nine receptions for 126 yards. Mike Brown also had a 54-yard kickoff return for Philadelphia.
Sherdrick Bonner threw six touchdown passes, including three to Dan Alexander, for Chicago (1-1). Damian Harrell had 10 catches for 104 yards, including two touchdown receptions.
CHICAGO 49 FINAL
Soul 60, Rush 49 FinalMar 9 3:34 PM
CHICAGO 35 END, 3RD QTR
Soul 43, Rush 35 End of 3rdMar 9 2:59 PM
CHICAGO 28 HALFTIME
Soul 26, Rush 28 HalfMar 9 2:20 PM
CHICAGO 7 END, 1ST QTR
Soul 6, Rush 7 End of 1stMar 9 1:29 PM
- Soul down SaberCats, claim first Arena title Jul 28
- Eight TDs by D'Orazio lead Soul to first ArenaBowl Jul 12
- Soul QB D'Orazio named Arena MVP Jul 9
- MacPherson guides Rampage past Rush Jul 6
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Rush stomp Desperados, clinch conference's No. 1 seed Jun 22
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Greisen fuels Force past Rush Jun 15
- Soul pick off Gladiators Jun 15
- D'Orazio, Jackson lift Soul past Desperados Jun 8
- Philyaw, Amey carry Gladiators past Rush Jun 8
- Michna rallies Rush past Brigade Jun 1