Grieb's six TDs carry SaberCats past RampageMar 11, 2008 - 4:25 AM GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan (Ticker) -- Mark Grieb tossed six touchdowns and James Roe contributed in a huge way as the San Jose SaberCats escaped with a 66-58 victory over the Grand Rapids Rampage on Monday night.
Grieb completed 22-of-36 passes for 228 yards and Roe hauled in nine catches - two for TDs - for 81 yards for the SaberCats, who reeled off 21 straight points en route to a 35-27 lead at halftime.
Ahmad Hawkins' 52-yard kickoff return for a score cut Grand Rapids' deficit to 59-58 with 8:05 remaining. But Grieb hooked up with Rodney Wright for a TD on the next possession to create an eight-point edge for San Jose (1-1).
The Rampage (0-1) had a chance to make things interesting on their last possession, but quarterback Adrian McPherson fumbled before the ball crossed the plane of the goal line.
San Jose ran out the clock to seal the victory.
McPherson went 17-of-30 for 230 yards and four scores and also ran for 45 yards and a pair of touchdowns for the Rampage.
- Soul down SaberCats, claim first Arena title Jul 28
- Grieb helps SaberCats return to Arena Bowl Jul 12
- MacPherson guides Rampage past Rush Jul 6
- Grieb propels SaberCats past Crush Jul 5
- Grand Rapids surprises Arizona, advances to meet Chicago Jul 1
- Grieb, Saintil help Sabercats down Force Jun 22
- MacPherson's 10 TDs power Rampage Jun 22
- Grieb sends SaberCats past Storm Jun 15
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- MacPherson sets team record as Rampage ambush Crush Jun 8
- Germaine ignites Blaze past Rampage Jun 1
- Grieb sends SaberCats past Avengers Jun 1