Greisen lifts Georgia to first winMar 16, 2008 - 2:59 AM ATLANTA (Ticker) -- Chris Greisen threw seven touchdown passes to lead the Georgia Force to their first win of the season, a 58-34 triumph over the Los Angeles Avengers on Saturday.
Greisen completed 26-of-41 passes for 366 yards and Willi Marshall added a rushing TD for the Force (1-2).
Four different receivers caught a touchdown pass for Georgia. Charles Pauley had 10 receptions for 134 yards and two TDs and Troy Bergeron caught seven passes for 151 yards and three scores.
Sonny Cumbie was 20-of-38 for 317 yards and five TDs for Los Angeles (2-1). He was sacked twice and threw an interception.
LOS ANGELES 34
GEORGIA 58 FINAL
KISS 34, Force 58 FinalMar 15 10:20 PM
LOS ANGELES 21
GEORGIA 42 END, 3RD QTR
KISS 21, Force 42 End of 3rdMar 15 8:57 PM
LOS ANGELES 7
GEORGIA 22 HALFTIME
KISS 7, Force 22 HalfMar 15 8:10 PM
LOS ANGELES 0
GEORGIA 6 END, 1ST QTR
KISS 0, Force 6 End of 1stMar 15 7:28 PM
- Philyaw, Gladiators top Force Jul 8
- Grieb, Saintil help Sabercats down Force Jun 22
- Dietz guides Storm to win over Avengers Jun 22
- Greisen fuels Force past Rush Jun 15
- Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdown Jun 15
- Germaine sparks Blaze to win over Avengers Jun 10
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Grieb sends SaberCats past Avengers Jun 1
- Greisen's late score propels Force past Storm Jun 1
- Force down VooDoo in low-scoring battle May 27
- Rush clinch division with rout of Avengers May 20
- Greisen throws nine TD passes as Force slay Dragons May 18