Jackson's four TDs help Gladiators down SoulMay 3, 2008 - 5:26 AM CLEVELAND (Ticker) -- Marlion Jackson ran for a career-high four touchdowns to help the Cleveland Gladiators hand the Philadelphia Soul their first loss of the season, 67-55, on Friday.
Raymond Philyaw completed 25-of-30 passes for 290 yards and five touchdowns as the Gladiators (5-4) improved to 4-0 vs. the Soul.
Tony Graziani tied the game at 55-55 with a 7-yard touchdown pass to Chris Jackson with 6:57 remaining in the fourth quarter.
But Philyaw snapped the tie with a 5-yard TD pass to Joe Minucci with 4:04 left in the fourth, and then capped the scoring with a 23-yard strike to Otis Amey with 42 seconds left.
Graziani, who stepped in for an injured Matt D'Orazio, completed 15-of-23 for 150 yards and three scores. Jackson hauled in eight passes for 65 yards and three TDs for Philadelphia (9-1).
D'Orazio was 16-of-21 for 141 yards and three scores before leaving in the third quarter.
CLEVELAND 67 FINAL
Soul 55, Gladiators 67 FinalMay 2 10:26 PM
CLEVELAND 47 END, 3RD QTR
Soul 48, Gladiators 47 End of 3rdMay 2 9:18 PM
CLEVELAND 27 HALFTIME
Soul 34, Gladiators 27 HalfMay 2 8:37 PM
CLEVELAND 14 POSTPONED
Soul 20, Gladiators 14 FinalMay 2 7:50 PM
- Soul down SaberCats, claim first Arena title Jul 28
- Eight TDs by D'Orazio lead Soul to first ArenaBowl Jul 12
- Soul QB D'Orazio named Arena MVP Jul 9
- Philyaw, Gladiators top Force Jul 8
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Gladiators outlast Predators in playoffs Jul 1
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- Soul pick off Gladiators Jun 15
- D'Orazio, Jackson lift Soul past Desperados Jun 8
- Philyaw, Amey carry Gladiators past Rush Jun 8
- Desperados clinch playoff spot Jun 1