Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend DragonsMay 25, 2008 - 2:42 AM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Matt Nagy threw four touchdowns and ran for another as the Columbus Destroyers held off the New York Dragons, 43-41, on Saturday.
Nagy put the Destroyers (3-9) ahead, 43-35, with a 40-yard TD pass to Calvin Russell with 12:18 left in the fourth. Nagy completed 19-of-32 passes for 269 yards.
C.J. Johnson hauled in nine passes for 112 yards and a pair of scores for New York (6-6).
Aaron Garcia threw a 4-yard TD strike to Kevin Swayne with 35 seconds to play but it was too little, too late. Garcia finished 30-of-40 for 295 yards, while Swayne hauled in seven passes for 62 yards and two scores for Columbus.
NEW YORK 41
COLUMBUS 43 FINAL
Dragons 41, Destroyers 43 FinalMay 24 9:46 PM
NEW YORK 35
COLUMBUS 36 END, 3RD QTR
Dragons 35, Destroyers 36 End of 3rdMay 24 9:10 PM
NEW YORK 35
COLUMBUS 30 HALFTIME
Dragons 35, Destroyers 30 HalfMay 24 8:17 PM
NEW YORK 21
COLUMBUS 14 END, 1ST QTR
Dragons 21, Destroyers 14 End of 1stMay 24 7:37 PM
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Garcia drives Dragons past Desperados Jun 28
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- Dolezel lifts Desperados past Dragons Jun 15
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Henry's third TD pushes Dragons past VooDoo Jun 8
- Garcia leads Dragons past Crush Jun 3
- Wimprine vaults VooDoo past Destroyers May 31
- Greisen throws nine TD passes as Force slay Dragons May 18