Dodgers, Padres set to resume play at PetcoApr 9, 2011 - 2:42 PM (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres will finish their suspended game from Friday night, then will resume their three-game series at Petco Park.
The opener of this set was suspended in the top of the ninth inning with the score tied, 2-2, following a rare rain storm in the San Diego area.
Matt Kemp had three hits and an RBI for the Dodgers, while Cameron Maybin paced the Padres with three hits. Orlando Hudson also had two hits and an RBI for San Diego.
Kemp was on first with no outs at the time the game was called with Padres closer Heath Bell on the hill. Juan Uribe was at the plate.
"I've seen a lot of them like this," said Dodgers manager Don Mattingly. "East Coast, we played a lot of these on and off, and on and off."
Friday's delayed first pitch was dealt at 7:33 p.m. (pt) and it's last came nearly six hours later thanks to a pair of delays that lasted two hours, 41 minutes.
The Padres had just two weather related delays in 2010 - the longest of which was just 22 minutes against Chicago on Sept. 30.
When the regularly scheduled game gets underway Hiroki Kuroda will take the ball for the Dodgers. The Japanese right-hander threw seven innings in a victory against the Giants to start his season. He allowed six hits and three runs with five strikeouts and didn't walk a batter.
Kuroda is 5-4 with a 4.61 ERA in 10 career starts against the Padres.
Dustin Moseley, meanwhile, is set to make his second start of the season for the Padres. He was tagged with the loss in his season debut after seven innings of one-run ball last Sunday against the Cardinals at Busch Stadium.
This will be his first start (third career appearance) against the Dodgers.
San Diego was 10-8 against the Dodgers a year ago, but won six of the final seven matchups. The Padres have also won five in a row at home in this series.
- LOS ANGELES: 4
SAN DIEGO: 0
Apr 10 1:27 AM
- Casey Blake singled to right scoring Tony Gwynn Jr. with one out. Runner on first and Andre Ethier due up.
Dodgers 4, Padres 0 Top 8, 1 OutApr 10 12:44 AM
- Juan Uribe reached second on Chris Denorfia's fielding error scoring Matt Kemp with two out. Runner on second and James Loney due up.
Dodgers 3, Padres 0 Top 5, 2 OutsApr 9 11:46 PM
- Matt Kemp reached first on an infield single to third. Runner on first with two outs and Juan Uribe due up.
Dodgers 2, Padres 0 Top 5, 2 OutsApr 9 11:42 PM
- Andre Ethier singled to left scoring Tony Gwynn Jr. with one out. Runner on first and Matt Kemp due up.
Dodgers 1, Padres 0 Top 1, 1 OutApr 9 10:37 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
SAN DIEGO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 9 10:35 PM
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Padres under fire for mishandling gay chorus' anthem May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 21