Lind powers Blue Jays past RangersApr 27, 2011 - 3:49 AM
Jesse Litsch (2-1) got the win after limiting Texas to three runs in six innings. He allowed seven hits, walked two and struck out one.
Juan Rivera and Corey Patterson added two hits apiece for Toronto, which recorded a 6-4 victory in the opener of this set. The Blue Jays have won nine of their last 11 games against the Rangers.
Texas starter Matt Harrison (3-2) allowed seven runs in three innings, giving up eight hits and three walks. He had surrendered only six earned runs in his first four starts.
But Tuesday, Harrison had a rough first inning and never recovered. He didn't record an out until the Blue Jays sent their seventh hitter to the plate.
Toronto opened the game with two singles and a walk to load the bases, and Lind followed with a run-scoring single. Harrison walked Rivera and J.P. Arencibia to force in two runs before finally getting an out -- Travis Snider grounded into a double play that plated Lind.
John McDonald's RBI single capped Toronto's scoring in the inning, making it a 5-0 game.
The Rangers got back in the game in the second, when they pushed three runs across on four consecutive hits. David Murphy doubled before scoring on Yorvit Torrealba's base hit, and Chris Davis' double set up Julio Borbon's two-run single.
But Lind led off the third with a homer to immediately expand Toronto's lead. Three consecutive singles, the last from Snider, got another run home to make it a 7-3 contest.
Brett Tomko took over for Harrison in the fourth but wasn't able to keep the Blue Jays off the board. He allowed a double to Patterson before walking Jose Bautista, and Lind followed with a three-run blast to right.
Tomko didn't allow another run, but neither did Toronto.
Lind, who hit 58 home runs between the 2009-10 seasons, had only one in 2011 prior to Tuesday's contest...Torrealba had three hits to lead Texas.
- TORONTO: 10
Apr 26 10:45 PM
- Adam Lind one-out, three-run Home Run 2 (3) to right scored Corey Patterson and Jose Bautista. Juan Rivera due up.
Blue Jays 10, Rangers 3 Top 4, 1 OutApr 26 9:17 PM
- Travis Snider single to center scored Juan Rivera with one out. On the play, J.P. Arencibia was thrown out at third, center to third. Runner on first with one out and John McDonald due up.
Blue Jays 7, Rangers 3 Top 3, 1 OutApr 26 9:00 PM
- Adam Lind lead-off Home Run (2) to left. Juan Rivera due up.
Blue Jays 6, Rangers 3 Top 3, 0 OutsApr 26 8:54 PM
- Julio Borbon singled to center scored Yorvit Torrealba and Chris Davis with two out. Runner on first and Ian Kinsler due up.
Blue Jays 5, Rangers 3 Bot 2, 2 OutsApr 26 8:50 PM
- Yorvit Torrealba single to center scored David Murphy with two out. Runner on first and Chris Davis due up.
Blue Jays 5, Rangers 1 Bot 2, 2 OutsApr 26 8:45 PM
- John McDonald single to center scored J.P. Arencibia with two out. Runner on first and Mike McCoy due up.
Blue Jays 5, Rangers 0 Top 1, 2 OutsApr 26 8:22 PM
- Travis Snider grounded into a double play, third to first scored Adam Lind with two out. Runner on second and John McDonald due up.
Blue Jays 4, Rangers 0 Top 1, 2 OutsApr 26 8:21 PM
- Juan Rivera walked. Corey Patterson scored on the play with none out. Bases loaded and J.P. Arencibia due up.
Blue Jays 2, Rangers 0 Top 1, 0 OutsApr 26 8:15 PM
- Adam Lind single to right scored Yunel Escobar with none out. Bases loaded and Juan Rivera due up.
Blue Jays 1, Rangers 0 Top 1, 0 OutsApr 26 8:13 PM
- TORONTO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 26 8:07 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Blue Jays-Yankees Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22