Loney, Dodgers rout Pirates 15-1Sep 19, 2011 - 12:38 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - James Loney had his first career five-hit game, while Matt Kemp and Jerry Sands both homered as the Los Angeles Dodgers routed the Pittsburgh Pirates, 15-1, to win the last three games of a four- game series.
"I've learned a lot this year about hitting and my timing has been better," Loney said.
Los Angeles starter Chad Billingsley (11-10) picked up the win in five innings, allowing one run on four hits while walking two and fanning five.
Pirates starter Brad Lincoln (1-3) lasted just 1 2/3 innings. He surrendered six runs on eight hits and struck out one.
The Dodgers have won four of their last five, while the Pirates have lost three straight and eight of their last 10.
Los Angeles had an 11-0 lead after three innings, scoring three runs in the first inning, six in the second and two in the third.
"They beat us up with the bats. We haven't been pitching," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "We threw 218 pitches today, we're not executing. We can't catch a fly ball in the outfield, we have to re-check our focus,"
Kemp hit his 34th home run of the season in the first inning, while Jamey Carroll added an RBI ground out and Sands hit an RBI single.
In the second, Sands drilled a three-run home run to left field after Kemp hit an RBI single and Loney laced a two-run double.
Juan Rivera singled to center to plate Dee Gordon and Kemp in the third, making it 11-0.
Pittsburgh scored its lone run in the fifth on a Xavier Paul RBI double.
A.J. Ellis walked with the bases loaded in the fifth to increase the Dodger lead to 12-1.
Rivera knocked in two more in the sixth on a double, bringing home Carroll and Gordon, while Loney tallied another RBI single.
Billingsley hadn't won since August 5, snapping a seven-game personal losing streak...Lincoln has lost his last three decisions.
- PITTSBURGH: 1
LOS ANGELES: 15
Sep 18 7:48 PM
- James Loney single to right scored Juan Rivera with one out. Runner on first and Russ Mitchell due up.
Pirates 1, Dodgers 15 Bot 6, 1 OutSep 18 6:55 PM
- Juan Rivera advances to third on a Daniel McCutchen wild pitch. Runner on third with one out and James Loney at the plate.
Pirates 1, Dodgers 14 Bot 6, 1 OutSep 18 6:54 PM
- Daniel McCutchen enters the game for the Pirates with the bases loaded and two out, batting 3rd.
Pirates 1, Dodgers 12 Bot 5, 2 OutsSep 18 6:38 PM
- Xavier Paul double to left scored Chase d`Arnaud with two out. Runner on second and Andrew McCutchen due up.
Pirates 1, Dodgers 11 Top 5, 2 OutsSep 18 6:12 PM
- Juan Rivera single to center scored Dee Gordon and Matt Kemp with one out. Runner on first and James Loney due up.
Pirates 0, Dodgers 11 Bot 3, 1 OutSep 18 5:33 PM
- A.J. Ellis walked. Runner on first with two outs and Chad Billingsley due up.
Pirates 0, Dodgers 9 Bot 2, 2 OutsSep 18 5:10 PM
- James Loney double to left scored Matt Kemp and Juan Rivera with two out. Runner on second and Aaron Miles due up.
Pirates 0, Dodgers 6 Bot 2, 2 OutsSep 18 5:05 PM
- Aaron Thompson enters the game for the Pirates with runners on first and third and two out, batting 9th.
Pirates 0, Dodgers 4 Bot 2, 2 OutsSep 18 5:03 PM
- Jerry Sands single to center scored James Loney with two out. On the play, Aaron Miles advances to second. Runners on first and second and A.J. Ellis due up.
Pirates 0, Dodgers 3 Bot 1, 2 OutsSep 18 4:36 PM
- Matt Kemp one-out, solo Home Run (34) to center. Juan Rivera due up.
Pirates 0, Dodgers 2 Bot 1, 1 OutSep 18 4:27 PM
- Jamey Carroll grounded out pitcher to short to first scored Dee Gordon with one out. None on and Matt Kemp due up.
Pirates 0, Dodgers 1 Bot 1, 1 OutSep 18 4:27 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 1 Out
Sep 18 4:13 PM
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21