D-Backs win 9th straight, 12th in a row at homeSep 1, 2011 - 6:17 AM
The NL West leaders have won nine games in a row and extended their home winning streak to a club-record 12 games.
Arizona will begin a three-game series against its closest pursuer in the division -- the Giants -- in San Francisco on Friday. The defending World Series champs are six games behind the Diamondbacks.
"It's never easy, but we're ready," said Arizona manager Kirk Gibson about the impending series with the Giants.
Rookie Josh Collmenter (9-8) gave up two runs on five hits over six innings for Arizona.
Dexter Fowler hit a solo home run for the Rockies, who fell to 1-5 since a five-game winning streak.
"We had some opportunities and didn't capitalize on them," Fowler said.
Esmil Rogers (6-4) surrendered four runs on seven hits in six frames to absorb the loss.
Fowler doubled to begin the game. A sacrifice bunt moved him to third, but he was tagged out trying to score on Carlos Gonzalez's fly ball to left field.
Willie Bloomquist led off the Diamondbacks' first with a single and Justin Upton was plunked by a pitch with one out. Montero then crushed a 1-0 offering to right field for his 14th home run of the season.
Eliezer Alfonzo contributed an RBI single with two gone in the top of the second, and Fowler's two-out blast to right an inning later trimmed Colorado's deficit to 3-2.
A two-out single by pinch-hitter Sean Burroughs plated Aaron Hill and put Arizona up by two.
David Hernandez got Colorado's Todd Helton to fly to center with two runners on base in the eighth. J.J. Putz worked around a two-out single in the ninth to record his 35th save.
The Diamondbacks won 11 straight home games from May 5-27, 2000 and also June 7-July 9, 2003...Arizona improved to 11-4 against Colorado this year.
- COLORADO: 2
Sep 1 12:14 AM
- Pinch-Hitter Sean Burroughs single to center, deflected by the pitcher, scored Aaron Hill with two out. On the play, Gerardo Parra advanced to third. Runners on first and third and Willie Bloomquist due up.
Rockies 2, Diamondbacks 4 Bot 6, 2 OutsAug 31 11:24 PM
- Dexter Fowler two-out, solo Home Run (2) to right. Mark Ellis due up.
Rockies 2, Diamondbacks 3 Top 3, 2 OutsAug 31 10:15 PM
- Eliezer Alfonzo single to left scored Seth Smith with two out. On the play, Eliezer Alfonzo was thrown out trying to advance to second to end the inning.
Rockies 1, Diamondbacks 3 Mid 2Aug 31 10:05 PM
- Miguel Montero one-out, three-run Home Run (14) to right scored Willie Bloomquist and Justin Upton. Paul Goldschmidt due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 3 Bot 1, 1 OutAug 31 9:51 PM
- COLORADO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 31 9:40 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21
- Pirates 3B Kang exits with left hand injury after slide May 21