Morrison, Buehrle help Marlins top GiantsMay 27, 2012 - 1:05 AM
Giancarlo Stanton had two doubles and scored twice, while Donovan Solano added two hits and an RBI for the Marlins, who have won the past two games after losing a pair.
Buehrle (5-4) gave up just two runs on eight hits with three strikeouts in 7 1/3 innings to win his fourth straight decision.
"We're playing some good ball and everything is coming together at the same time," said Buehrle. "Hopefully we can keep this rolling into the next month and string a bunch of wins together."
Gregor Blanco had three hits and an RBI for the Giants, who have lost three of four. Madison Bumgarner (5-4) was touched for five runs -- four earned -- on seven hits with two walks and seven strikeouts over six innings.
"He wasn't as sharp today as he usually is," said Giants manager Bruce Bochy about Bumgarner. "It was really just one bad inning, but that's what has hurt us the last couple of days."
Miami got on the board in the second inning as Stanton started the frame with a double and came home later on a Solano single.
The Giants got it back in the third as Blanco's single played Emmanuel Burriss, who had doubled two batters prior, but the Marlins took the lead for good in the bottom of the frame.
With one out and two on, a double steal from Omar Infante and Jose Reyes put both runners in scoring position and Hanley Ramirez singled to left to score Reyes. Morrison then hit a grounder to first that saw the force at second, but the throw back to first by Burriss was wild, allowing two runs to cross the plate for a 4-1 lead.
Morrison doubled in Stanton in the sixth to give the Marlins a four-run lead.
A groundout from Melky Cabrera in the eighth got one back for the Giants and the team loaded the bases with one out in the ninth off of Heath Bell. Randy Choate, though, came on and got the next two outs. He allowed a run to score on a Nate Schierholtz sacrifice fly, but then struck out Blanco to pick up his first save of the season.
Bumgarner has lost his last three decisions and fell to 0-2 in three starts against the Marlins...Buehrle improved to 2-1 in three games against the Giants...Miami has won five of six against San Fran this season...The Giants batted just 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left seven on base.
- SAN FRANCISCO: 3
May 26 6:59 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Nate Schierholtz sacrifice fly to right scored Angel Pagan with two out. Runners on first and second and Gregor Blanco due up.
Giants 3, Marlins 5 Top 9, 2 OutsMay 26 6:59 PM
- Melky Cabrera grounded out first to pitcher scored Ryan Theriot with two out. None on and Buster Posey due up.
Giants 2, Marlins 5 Top 8, 2 OutsMay 26 6:22 PM
- Logan Morrison double to center scored Giancarlo Stanton with none out. Runner on second and Donovan Solano due up.
Giants 1, Marlins 5 Bot 6, 0 OutsMay 26 5:48 PM
- Logan Morrison grounded into a fielder's choice, first to short scored Omar Infante with two out. Giancarlo Stanton out at second. On the play, Hanley Ramirez scored on Emmanuel Burriss's throwing error with two out. Runner on first and Donovan Solano due up.
Giants 1, Marlins 4 Bot 3, 2 OutsMay 26 5:11 PM
- Hanley Ramirez single to left scored Jose Reyes with one out. On the play, Omar Infante advances to third. Runners on first and third and Giancarlo Stanton due up.
Giants 1, Marlins 2 Bot 3, 1 OutMay 26 5:02 PM
- Gregor Blanco single to right scored Emmanuel Burriss with two out. On the play, Gregor Blanco advances to second on the throw. Runner on second and Ryan Theriot due up.
Giants 1, Marlins 1 Top 3, 2 OutsMay 26 4:46 PM
- Donovan Solano single to center scored Giancarlo Stanton with one out. Runner on first and Chris Coghlan due up.
Giants 0, Marlins 1 Bot 2, 1 OutMay 26 4:35 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 26 4:10 PM
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22
- Nationals-Marlins Preview May 22
- Nats' 9th-inning rally comes up short in 3-2 loss at Miami May 21