Fowler, Rockies get past Dodgers in extrasJun 2, 2013 - 2:16 AM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Dexter Fowler ripped a game-winning single in the bottom of the 10th inning to lift the Colorado Rockies to a 7-6 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday in the middle installment of a three- game set at Coors Field.
Yorvit Torrealba and pinch-hitter Wilin Rosario hit back-to-back, two-out singles to set the table for Fowler, who ripped the first pitch he saw from Matt Guerrier (1-2) down the first-base line to plate Torrealba for the deciding run.
Matt Belisle (3-2) spun a perfect top of the 10th to notch the victory.
Michael Cuddyer tied the game with a two-run homer in the seventh, while Carlos Gonzalez scorched a solo shot and an RBI triple to help the Rockies snap a three-game skid.
Tim Federowicz clubbed his first career home run and finished with three RBI, while Jerry Hairston and Skip Schumaker added an RBI and a run scored apiece for the Dodgers, who have lost three of their last four games.
Colorado struck first in the second when Cuddyer and Todd Helton hit back-to- back singles before Nolan Arenado doubled home Cuddyer for a 1-0 lead.
LA answered with three in the third, starting with Federowicz's leadoff blast to left. LA starter Zack Greinke followed with a single and Carl Crawford doubled before Mark Ellis was hit by a pitch to load the bases. Adrian Gonzalez scored Greinke with a sacrifice fly to center.
Andre Either then reached on second baseman DJ LeMahieu's fielding error to reload the bases for Hairston, who ripped a single to left. Pinch-runner Scott Van Slyke, who replaced Crawford on the basepaths, scored easily on the play, but Gonzalez fired a strike from left field to nab Ellis at the plate.
Colorado jumped in front in the fifth, as Torrealba smacked a leadoff single, moved to second on a passed ball, and found third on Colorado starter Jhoulys Chacin's sacrifice bunt.
Fowler followed with an infield single to score Torrealba and after Fowler stole second and LeMahieu grounded out, Gonzalez launched an opposite-field blast into the first row in left to make it 4-3 Colorado.
"I knew I made some mistakes," Greinke said. "I was expecting to do better in these first couple of outings than I have. I better make adjustments and pitch better from here on out."
LA regained control with a pair in the sixth, as Schumaker and Nick Punto slapped back-to-back singles to put runners on the corners. Federowicz then laced a double into the gap in left center to plate a pair and give the Dodgers a 5-4 edge.
LA tacked on an insurance run in the seventh when Hairston ripped a two-out double before scoring on Schumaker's single to center, but Cuddyer clubbed a two-run shot to center off Ronald Belisario in the bottom of the seventh to tie the game, 7-7.
"It was a fastball up. Belisario obviously throws a lot of sinkers and down," Cuddyer said. "I was able to react to the ball up and fortunate to get the good part of the bat on it."
Crawford left the game in the third with a left hamstring cramp ... Greinke allowed four runs on nine hits over 5 1/3 frames ... Chacin was charged for five runs on nine hits over six innings ... Both teams finished 4-for-10 with runners in scoring position.
- LOS ANGELES: 6
Jun 1 7:52 PM
- Michael Cuddyer one-out, two-run Home Run (9) to center scored Troy Tulowitzki. Todd Helton due up.
Dodgers 6, Rockies 6 Bot 7, 1 OutJun 1 6:50 PM
- Skip Schumaker singled to center scoring Jerry Hairston with two out. Runner on first and Nick Punto due up.
Dodgers 6, Rockies 4 Top 7, 2 OutsJun 1 6:36 PM
- Tim Federowicz doubled to center scoring Skip Schumaker and Nick Punto with one out. Runner on second and Zack Greinke due up.
Dodgers 5, Rockies 4 Top 6, 1 OutJun 1 6:01 PM
- Carlos Gonzalez two-out, two-run Home Run (14) to left scored Dexter Fowler. Troy Tulowitzki due up.
Dodgers 3, Rockies 4 Bot 5, 2 OutsJun 1 5:44 PM
- Dexter Fowler infield single to third scored Yorvit Torrealba with one out. Runner on first and DJ LeMahieu due up.
Dodgers 3, Rockies 2 Bot 5, 1 OutJun 1 5:40 PM
- Jerry Hairston singled to left scoring Scott Van Slyke with one out. On the play, Mark Ellis out at home. Runners on first and second with two outs and Skip Schumaker due up.
Dodgers 3, Rockies 1 Top 3, 2 OutsJun 1 4:58 PM
- Adrian Gonzalez sacrifice fly to center scored Zack Greinke with one out. Runners on first and second with Andre Ethier due up.
Dodgers 2, Rockies 1 Top 3, 1 OutJun 1 4:54 PM
- Tim Federowicz lead-off Home Run (1) to left. Zack Greinke due up.
Dodgers 1, Rockies 1 Top 3, 0 OutsJun 1 4:46 PM
- Nolan Arenado doubled to right scoring Michael Cuddyer with one out. On the play, Todd Helton advances to third. Runners on second and third with Yorvit Torrealba due up.
Dodgers 0, Rockies 1 Bot 2, 1 OutJun 1 4:36 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 1 4:10 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22