NBA: Refs' call correct after Nuggets-Bulls reviewNov 12, 2009 - 1:32 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- The NBA said the review that overturned a winning shot by Chicago's Brad Miller was correct and handled appropriately.
Referees looked at video replay for about 3 minutes before determining that Miller's shot came after the final buzzer, giving Denver a 90-89 victory Tuesday night. Though a review is supposed to be completed in a two-minute period, crew chief Mark Wunderlich then asked the truck if there were any additional angles.
He was provided with the overhead view that showed the ball was still on Miller's fingertips at the buzzer.
NBA spokesman Tim Frank says Wednesday "the replay was handled by the book and the referee made the right decision," adding there was no issue with the officials taking extra time.
Nuggets coach George Karl said he appreciates having instant replay and that he had no problems with what seemed like an "8-minute wait" before the final decision.
"Losing is so painful, when you win a game and lose (it) because of a technicality, I think it's better we don't do that, we don't put that stress, that frustration on teams and on coaches and toward referees," Karl said Wednesday night before Denver faced the Milwaukee Bucks.
CHICAGO 89 FINAL
Nov 10 10:54 PM
CHICAGO 91 0:00 LEFT, 4TH QTR
Nov 10 10:34 PM
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
DENVER 22 24 25 19 90
CHICAGO 20 23 23 23 89 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: DEN - CARMELO ANTHONY 20, CHAUNCEY BILLUPS 17,
KENYON MARTIN 15
CHI - DERRICK ROSE 22, LUOL DENG 21,
JOAKIM NOAH 12
Nov 10 10:27 PM
CHICAGO 66 END, 3RD QTR
Nov 10 9:49 PM
CHICAGO 43 HALFTIME
Nov 10 9:08 PM
CHICAGO 20 END, 1ST QTR
Nov 10 8:36 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Jerry Colangelo insists he had no role in 76ers hiring son Apr 13
- Column: Vintage MJ-led Bulls would top Curry's Warriors Apr 13