Bulls drop Wizards with balanced attackNov 14, 2010 - 6:41 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Derrick Rose finished with 24 points and Joakim Noah ended with 21 points and nine rebounds as the Chicago Bulls topped the Washington Wizards, 103-96, at United Center.
Luol Deng supplied 20 points and nine rebounds and Keith Bogans finished with 11 points and seven rebounds for the Bulls, who have won three straight.
"I thought we didn't cover well," said Deng. "We were scoring at the other end, but we can't be giving up baskets the way we did tonight."
Gilbert Arenas finished with 30 points and John Wall ended with 16 points and six assists for Washington, which has lost back-to-back games and four of its last five.
"He's kind of going through training camp right now," said Washington head coach Flip Saunders about Arenas. "I think the last few days he's worked hard and has been shooting the ball well."
After a back-and-forth first quarter the Wizards held a 25-24 advantage.
Deng hit a jumper early in the second quarter to take the lead, 29-27, and the Bulls never trailed from there, capitalizing on 8-of-24 shooting from the Wizards in the second frame to take a 50-42 leading heading to the locker room.
Rose added eight points in the third and Chicago stretched their lead to as many as 18 to take 72-58 margin heading to the final stanza.
Washington tried to surge in the fourth quarter, but the Bulls' early lead was too much to overcome. Wall hit a three with 30.9 ticks remaining to put the game at 97-91 and from there the Bulls hit on 6-of-6 from the free throw line to preserve the victory.
Taj Gibson finished with nine points and seven rebounds for Chicago...Nick Young contributed 11 points on 5-of-9 from the field in a reserve role for the Wizards...Washington forward Yi Jianlian left the game in the third quarter with what the team called a bone bruise in his knee.
- WASHINGTON: 96
Nov 13 10:33 PM
- WASHINGTON: 58
End of 3rd
Nov 13 9:55 PM
- WASHINGTON: 42
End of 1st
Nov 13 9:12 PM
- WASHINGTON: 25
End of 1st
Nov 13 8:37 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 13 8:12 PM
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Apr 14
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Apr 14