Spurs roll over SixersNov 14, 2010 - 6:46 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Tony Parker registered 24 points and seven assists on 10-of-13 shooting, and the San Antonio Spurs continued their home domination of the Philadelphia 76ers with a 116-93 rout at AT&T Center.
Manu Ginobili added 18 points for the Spurs, who outscored the Sixers, 35-12, in the third quarter and won their seventh straight home contest against Philadelphia. The domination extends much further than that, having won 23 of the last 24 meetings in the Alamo City.
"I think offensively we were very good," said Ginobili. "For three quarters, we moved the ball very well, shared and made shots."
Lou Williams had 13 points off the bench to pace the 76ers, who have lost eight of their first 10 games, including three straight.
"Well, I said we got to keep those guards out of the paint," said Sixers head coach Doug Collins. "I think at the end of three quarters, they had 42 points. That is a championship level team. They really looked good."
San Antonio began the game on a 29-12 run, with consecutive Parker buckets finishing the run with 4 1/2 minutes remaining in the first. The Sixers rallied to make it a 39-28 game heading to the second and kept the game within reach at halftime, as the Spurs held a 61-52 lead.
The third quarter, though, was all Spurs.
The hosts scored the first nine points of the period, highlighted by a Jefferson three and a subsequent dunk. The Sixers didn't score for the first 3:20 of the period, and another 9-0 run by San Antonio made it a 79-57 game on a pair of Ginobili free throws with 6 1/2 minutes left.
Philadelphia scored just two points in the final five minutes of the quarter, and the Spurs held a monstrous 96-64 advantage entering the fourth.
San Antonio didn't encounter a serious threat in the final 12 minutes of play.
The Sixers' last win in San Antonio occurred in 2004...Philadelphia is 1-3 on a five-game road trip that finishes in Cleveland...The Spurs have won nine of the last 13 in the series overall.
- PHILADELPHIA: 93
SAN ANTONIO: 116
Nov 13 10:51 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 64
SAN ANTONIO: 96
End of 3rd
Nov 13 10:24 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 52
SAN ANTONIO: 61
End of 1st
Nov 13 9:41 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 28
SAN ANTONIO: 39
End of 1st
Nov 13 9:12 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 13 8:41 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13