Perfect Pau leads Lakers to 11th straight win over WarriorsNov 22, 2010 - 6:08 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Pau Gasol had a perfect shooting night, going 10-for-10 from the field and 8-for-8 from the foul line en route to a 28-point, nine-rebound effort, leading the Los Angeles Lakers past Golden State, 117-89.
"I'm not sure if I've done it before," said Gasol of not missing a shot. "I had a feeling I didn't miss. I was just playing my game. We came out tonight the way we were supposed to. We came out with the right approach."
Kobe Bryant went for 20 points and Shannon Brown added 17 for the Lakers, winners of four straight overall and 11 in a row against the Warriors.
Dorell Wright paced Golden State with 16 points, while Stephen Curry and Jeremy Lin each netted 13 in the loss, the club's fourth in five games.
Gasol scored 14 points in a first quarter in which the Lakers made 15-of-22 from the field.
"They came out right away and took control of the game," Warriors head coach Keith Smart said of the Lakers. "We have to bounce back and play a better ball game."
Bryant's three-point play with 3 1/2 minutes left gave LA a 27-15 lead, which increased to 37-21 by the end of the stanza.
A similar second quarter allowed the Lakers to extend the margin even further. The hosts scored the first eight points, and a Bryant jumper past the midway point capped another quick seven-point spurt for a 54-28 cushion.
It reached 30 when Derek Fisher sank a jumper in the half's final minute, and Curry's bank shot on the next possession made it 69-41 at the break.
The Warriors trailed 95-60 at the end of three, and the final stanza was nothing more than both teams clearing their benches.
Monta Ellis, who came in averaging 27.7 points, ended with five on 2-for-10 shooting for the Warriors, who shot 35.2 percent overall...The Lakers made 55.7 percent of their field goals...Lamar Odom ended with 15 points and 10 rebounds for LA, which had 29 fastbreak points to Golden State's eight.
- GOLDEN STATE: 89
LOS ANGELES: 117
Nov 22 12:00 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 60
LOS ANGELES: 95
End of Regulation
Nov 21 11:26 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 41
LOS ANGELES: 69
Nov 21 10:38 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 21
LOS ANGELES: 37
Nov 21 10:10 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 21 9:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20