Balanced attack leads Hawks over WizardsNov 26, 2010 - 4:22 AM
Josh Smith posted a double-double with 20 points and a game-high 14 rebounds for the Hawks, who snapped a three-game losing streak. Al Horford totaled 15 points and 13 boards for Atlanta, which has won 11 straight against the Wizards.
"We were able to bring the energy and the effort tonight," Smith said.
Gilbert Arenas netted 21 points with eight assists and six boards while Nick Young scored 20 off the bench for Washington, which fell to 0-7 on the road this season. Rookie John Wall finished with 10 points and seven assists in defeat.
"We just couldn't get the pace we needed to get us going. Walking up and down, offensively and defensively. They just took advantage of it," Arenas said.
Down 8-7, Horford hit a jumper to ignite a 14-2 Atlanta run that Jamal Crawford capped with a running layup. The Hawks led 28-18 at the end of the first quarter and Marvin Williams converted a turnaround hook shot to extend Atlanta's advantage to 36-20 early in the second stanza.
Washington cut its deficit to 39-30 on a Young basket, but trailed 53-36 at the break.
The Hawks continued to pull away in the second half, building an 89-63 lead after three quarters. The outcome was never in question over the final 12 minutes.
The Hawks haven't lost to Washington since January 11, 2008...The Wizards have dropped six straight in Atlanta...Crawford had 15 points...Wall shot 3-of-12 from the floor.
- WASHINGTON: 96
Nov 25 10:43 PM
- WASHINGTON: 63
End of 3rd
Nov 25 10:05 PM
- WASHINGTON: 36
Nov 25 9:16 PM
- WASHINGTON: 18
End of 1st
Nov 25 8:43 PM
- WASHINGTON: 2
1st Quarter - 11:43
Nov 25 8:17 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7
- Hawks lineup change: Sefolosha for Korver in Game 3 vs Cavs May 6