Bobcats beat Rockets by 10 behind Diaw, WallaceNov 27, 2010 - 7:12 AM Houston Rockets, 99-89, at Time Warner Cable Arena.
Stephen Jackson added 16 points and D.J. Augustin dished out 11 assists with five points for the Bobcats, who stopped a two-game skid.
Chase Budinger led Houston with 19 points and Kevin Martin added 16 as the Rockets lost for the fifth time in six games.
Luis Scola added 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds and Jordan Hill supplied 14 points in the loss.
The Rockets held a 26-22 lead after a back-and-forth first quarter.
Hill hit two from the line at 7:51 of the second quarter to put Houston up by 11 at 39-28. However, the Bobcats were able to trim the Rockets' advantage to 52-45 heading to the half.
Charlotte opened the third with a 15-2 run that stretched to the seven-minute mark. Houston cut the lead to as little as one, but Matt Carroll hit a jumper at 2:44 to put the Bobcats up 70-65.
Wallace scored 11 in the quarter, including two free throws with a minute left, to give Charlotte the 72-68 advantage heading into the fourth.
Jackson's three with 2:41 left put Charlotte up 93-82, and after Tyrus Thomas blocked a Budinger layup, the Bobcats added a fastbreak Wallace alley-oop dunk to extend the lead to 13 -- their largest of the game.
"The second half we didn't foul, we didn't give up second shots and we defended," said Charlotte head coach Larry Brown.
Houston never got closer than the final margin after that.
Charlotte shot 62 percent in the fourth quarter...Houston is still without Aaron Brooks and Yao Ming, who are out with ankle injuries... Nazr Mohammed finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds for Charlotte... Shaun Livingston added 10 points in the win.
- HOUSTON: 89
Nov 26 9:25 PM
- HOUSTON: 68
End of 3rd
Nov 26 8:52 PM
- HOUSTON: 52
Nov 26 8:08 PM
- HOUSTON: 26
End of 1st
Nov 26 7:35 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 26 7:14 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29