Rockets cruise past Kings in HoustonDec 15, 2010 - 4:05 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Luis Scola led seven players in double-figures with 23 points, and the Houston Rockets notched a 118-105 victory over the Sacramento Kings at Toyota Center.
Scola added 10 rebounds for the Rockets, who have won six consecutive home games. Chase Budinger contributed 18 points, while former King Kevin Martin had 14 in the victory.
Jordan Hill provided 13 points, and Kyle Lowry had 12 with nine assists for Houston.
DeMarcus Cousins posted 17 points and seven rebounds for the Kings, who have lost 10 of 11 and played without Tyreke Evans (foot). Former Rocket Carl Landry also had 17 points, while Jason Thompson had 15 with 10 boards in defeat.
The Kings held a 30-27 lead after the first quarter, but the Rockets pulled away by winning the second and third quarters by a combined 22 points.
With the game tied at 44-44 with four minutes left in the first half, Houston went on a 14-2 run to take control. Budinger began the flurry with a three- pointer, and Scola had five of the final eight points, including a long jumper that made it 58-46.
Luther Head's basket at the buzzer for Sacramento cut the deficit to 58-48 at the break.
The Rockets, though, began the third quarter with eight consecutive points, holding the Kings without a point for nearly the first four minutes. Scola's free throws had Houston ahead comfortably, 66-48, and the margin stood at 91-72 after three quarters.
The difference never dipped into single-digits in the fourth quarter.
Houston has won five of seven overall...Both teams shot at least 50 percent, with the Rockets going 46-of-92 from the field and the Kings 42- of-80...Houston made 10 three-pointers, compared to four for Sacramento...The Rockets had 31 assists, tying a season-high.
- SACRAMENTO: 105
Dec 14 10:49 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 72
End of 3rd
Dec 14 10:18 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 48
Dec 14 9:35 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 30
End of 1st
Dec 14 9:03 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 14 8:41 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26