Durant paces Thunder over mistake-prone NetsDec 30, 2010 - 8:42 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant tallied a game-high 27 points and the Thunder used 23 forced turnovers to upend New Jersey, 114-93.
Russell Westbrook totaled 17 points and seven assists, while James Harden scored 11 points for Oklahoma City, which has alternated wins and losses over the past seven games.
"I thought it was a good offensive game, I thought the ball was really moving," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "Our hands were very active tonight. Our defense was solid and we were forcing turnovers."
Devin Harris and Brook Lopez led the Nets with 19 points apiece, but the club's carelessness with the ball led to 23 points the other way en route to a third straight loss.
After playing to a 24-all tie in the first quarter, the Thunder pulled ahead for good in the second frame, forcing 12 turnovers and getting 10 points from Westbrook, whose dunk just before the break provided a 57-46 cushion.
Westbrook was at it again early in the second half, highlighting a 10-2 run with an alley-oop slam for a 63-48 advantage two minutes into the third.
The margin reached 18 when Durant's fastbreak throw-down made it 76-58 midway through the frame, and the Thunder rested their regulars thanks to an 88-70 margin heading to the final stanza.
Oklahoma City has won five straight in the series...The Thunder shot 55 percent from the field, compared to New Jersey's 48-percent effort...The Thunder had 31 assists on 45 made field goals, including seven helpers from Eric Maynor...Nick Collison and Nenad Krstic each netted 10 points for the hosts.
- NEW JERSEY: 93
OKLAHOMA CITY: 114
Dec 29 10:26 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 70
OKLAHOMA CITY: 88
End of 3rd
Dec 29 9:54 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 46
OKLAHOMA CITY: 57
Dec 29 9:12 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 24
OKLAHOMA CITY: 24
End of 1st
Dec 29 8:39 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 29 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19