Rose leads Bulls past PacersJan 15, 2011 - 3:15 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Derrick Rose scored a game-high 29 points to go with 10 rebounds and five assists, and the Chicago Bulls snapped a three-game road losing streak with a 99-86 victory over the Indiana Pacers at Conseco Fieldhouse.
Luol Deng contributed 17 points and three blocks, while Carlos Boozer added 14 points and six boards for Chicago, which has won five of the last six in this series. Kurt Thomas grabbed a game-high 18 rebounds for the victors.
Danny Granger led the Pacers with 22 points. Mike Dunleavy made 3-of-6 shots from beyond the arc and ended with 13 points, while Tyler Hansbrough supplied 12 points for the Pacers, who had won their last two.
Chicago shot 13-of-26 from the field in the first quarter as they took a 28-24 lead after the opening 12 minutes. The Bulls capitalized on a poor shooting second quarter from the Pacers, 20.8 percent from the field, en route to a 53-41 halftime lead.
Rose came alive in the third quarter, finishing with 12 points and five rebounds, including a four-point play at 6:06 remaining, to widen the Bulls lead to 70-54. Chicago took a 79-63 lead into the final stanza.
The Pacers shot only 6-of-23 from the field in the third quarter but responded with an eight-of-nine effort from the free throw line.
The fourth was all but a formality as Thomas opened the quarter with a mid- range jumper to widen the lead to a game-high 18, and the Chicago advantage never fell below nine down the stretch.
Chicago topped Indiana 92-73 on December 13. However, the Pacers hold a 20-5 lead in the past 25 meetings at Conseco Fieldhouse...Darren Collison added 10 points with five rebounds and five assists for the Pacers...Chicago held a 46-24 advantage in points in the paint.
- CHICAGO: 99
Jan 14 9:16 PM
- CHICAGO: 79
End of 3rd
Jan 14 8:49 PM
- CHICAGO: 53
Jan 14 8:07 PM
- CHICAGO: 28
End of 1st
Jan 14 7:33 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Jan 14 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 May 2