San Antonio rolls past Golden StateJan 25, 2011 - 7:36 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Manu Ginobili led a balanced attack with 20 points and seven assists, as San Antonio rolled past Golden State, 113-102.
Tim Duncan totaled 16 points and seven rebounds, Tony Parker notched a double- double with 18 points and 11 assists and three bench members -- Antonio McDyess, Gary Neal and George Hill -- provided some scoring punch with 14, 11 and 14 points, respectively. The Spurs have won nine of their last 10 games.
David Lee led all scorers with 31 points and 12 rebounds, Monta Ellis posted 25 points and Dorell Wright added 18 points, nine assists and seven rebounds for the Warriors, who have dropped two games in a row.
"I thought we could've contested their shots a little bit more," said Golden State head coach Keith Smart. "But those guys are never in a hurry, so they're very patient and they know how to engage a help defender just enough to get a guy open and they know where everybody is going to be at all times."
After the first 12 minutes ended in a 34-34 stalemate, San Antonio started to take control with an 11-2 scoring stretch late in the first half. A free throw by Tiago Splitter, a McDyess pull-up jumper and two Neal free throws capped the burst for a 56-50 advantage. The Spurs lead by as many as nine points late in the half and held a 62-55 edge after 24 minutes of game action.
After a Lee jumper started the third stanza, San Antonio scored the next six points capped by Parker's jumper for a double-digit edge, 68-57. Eight consecutive points later in the period, capped by Hill's slam, opened up an 83-70 edge.
The Spurs pushed the advantage to 98-84 on Duncan's jumper with just over 8 1/2 minutes to play. Golden State never threatened the rest of the way.
San Antonio made 50 percent of its shots, while the Warriors connected only 45.9 percent and 5-of-15 three-pointers...The Spurs have won 11 straight meetings with Golden State...San Antonio improved to 25-4 versus the Western Conference.
- SAN ANTONIO: 113
GOLDEN STATE: 102
Jan 25 12:51 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 90
GOLDEN STATE: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 25 12:23 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 62
GOLDEN STATE: 55
Jan 24 11:40 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 34
GOLDEN STATE: 34
End of 1st
Jan 24 11:08 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Jan 24 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19