Allen, Celtics get past KingsFeb 2, 2011 - 6:01 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Ray Allen scored 22 points while Rajon Rondo posted 17 points and 10 assists as Boston topped Sacramento, 95-90, at ARCO Arena.
Paul Pierce had 15 points, five assists and five boards for the Celtics, who finished a four-game western road trip going 3-1 and saw one of their more impressive wins of the season when they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, 109-96, on Sunday in a rematch of last year's NBA Finals.
Kevin Garnett added 12 points and seven rebounds, while Glen Davis netted 14 points in a reserve role for the victors.
DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans both had 20 points as the Kings had a two- game win streak snapped. Donte Greene and Beno Udrih had 15 and 12 points, respectively, in defeat.
Boston made the comeback run in the third quarter to take control of the game.
Pierce's jump shot started an eight-point spurt that began with seven minutes left. Garnett's free throw finished the run and gave the Celtics a 62-61 lead.
The Celtics later finished the quarter with a 7-0 run to take a 74-71 edge.
The momentum stayed with Boston into the final frame and the visitors pushed their lead to 10, 87-77, thanks to a nine-point burst capped off by Davis' fastbreak dunk with 5:49 left to play.
Sacramento never threatened during the remainder of the game.
Allen scored 10 points in the first quarter en route to a 27-20 Boston lead after the first 12 minutes of play.
Sacramento used an 8-2 run to go up 49-39 with 1:29 to go in the first half following a Greene fadeaway jumper. The home team held onto a 54-45 lead going into the break.
Boston is unbeaten in its last four visits to ARCO Arena...Sacramento turned the ball over 23 turnovers to yield 25 Boston points...Allen was 4-of-7 from beyond the three-point arc...Rondo had four steals and the Celtics ended with 14...Kendrick Perkins had eight points and 10 boards for the Celtics.
- BOSTON: 95
Feb 2 12:33 AM
- BOSTON: 74
End of 3rd
Feb 2 12:02 AM
- BOSTON: 45
Feb 1 11:17 PM
- BOSTON: 27
End of 1st
Feb 1 10:39 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 1 10:13 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28