Stuckey helps Pistons top NetsApr 7, 2011 - 4:05 AM Auburn Hills, MI (Sports Network) - Rodney Stuckey scored 14 of his 22 points in the final quarter, and the Pistons topped New Jersey, 116-109, to snap a four-game skid.
Stuckey also had 10 assists for the Pistons, who received 25 points and nine assists from Richard Hamilton. Greg Monroe chipped in 20 points and 10 rebounds.
"I knew I was going to be playing the whole second half so I was trying to save some energy for the fourth quarter," Stuckey said. "I just picked my offense up."
Brook Lopez poured in a career-high 39 points for the Nets, who played without star guard Deron Williams. He was sidelined for the game due to a strained tendon in his right wrist. New Jersey also was without guard Anthony Morrow (left knee tendinitis) and forward Kris Humphries (sprained right ankle)
"We kind of lost the game by not getting the ball back inside," Nets coach Avery Johnson said. "Brook just had an outstanding offensive game."
Jordan Farmar totaled 18 points and 11 assists for the Nets, who lost for the seventh time in eight contests. They've also dropped nine in a row at the Palace of Auburn Hills.
Austin Daye's three-pointer at the conclusion of the third quarter gave Detroit an 89-88 edge, but the Nets pushed back in front and were leading 98-97 with 9:07 left when Detroit's Chris Wilcox fouled out and was whistled for a technical foul. Sasha Vujacic's technical free throw gave New Jersey the one-point edge, but the Pistons went immediately back in front.
Ben Gordon drove in a for a layup and Daye's three-point play made it 102-98.
The Nets could never get over the hump from there and were hampered by shooting 8-of-24 in the last quarter.
The Pistons held a 32-28 lead at the end of the opening quarter, but trailed 59-54 at the half.
The Pistons have won 13 of the last 18 meetings...Detroit missed just three of its 32 foul shots...Vujacic scored 16.
- NEW JERSEY: 109
Apr 6 10:10 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 88
End of 3rd
Apr 6 9:33 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 59
Apr 6 8:46 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 6 7:41 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25