Deng leads Bulls over Pacers in preseasonOct 23, 2010 - 2:33 AM CHICAGO (AP) -- Luol Deng had 29 points and eight rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to 102-74 preseason victory over the Indiana Pacers on Friday night.
Derrick Rose added 14 points and six assists for the Bulls (4-4) in their final preseason game before Wednesday night's opener at the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Indiana Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird watched the blowout from a few rows behind the bench.
Darren Collison and Roy Hibbert both had 14 point for Indiana (3-4), which played without Danny Granger and T.J. Ford.
The Pacers open the season at San Antonio on Wednesday.
Chicago scored 10 straight points to take a 25-13 lead. Deng scored four points in the span and had 15 points in the first quarter, going 10 for 10 from the line. Chicago closed the first half on a 13-4 run to take a 59-38 lead.
Deng finished the half with 17 points and Rose added 11.
It was the second straight game the Pacers were without Granger and Ford. Granger sprained his left ankle and Ford didn't play because of a strained right hamstring.
Bulls center Joakim Noah missed his second consecutive game with the flu. Kyle Korver played after missing Wednesday's game against Toronto with an ankle cyst. He scored seven points.
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
INDIANA 17 21 20 16 74
CHICAGO 32 27 24 19 102 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: IND - DARREN COLLISON 14, ROY HIBBERT 14,
A.J. PRICE 11
CHI - LUOL DENG 29, DERRICK ROSE 14, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 11
Oct 22 10:24 PM
CHICAGO 83 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 22 9:53 PM
CHICAGO 59 HALFTIME
Oct 22 9:08 PM
CHICAGO 32 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 22 8:38 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 May 2