Blazers crush BobcatsFeb 2, 2012 - 7:11 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - While they haven't been at their best on the road, the Portland Trail Blazers have had almost no trouble winning at the Rose Garden.
Jamal Crawford scored 24 points while Gerald Wallace netted 23 points against his old team as the Trail Blazers dismantled the Charlotte Bobcats, 112-68.
"My teammates did a good job finding me," Crawford said. "It's never just the guy making the shots."
LaMarcus Aldridge had 22 points while Marcus Camby blocked five shots for Portland, which moved to 10-1 at home this season. The Blazers shot 55 percent from the floor.
Gerald Henderson poured in 16 points while Derrick Brown finished with 12 points for the Bobcats, who shot just 32.1 percent from the field. They have lost 10 straight games.
"This one's over and we have to move on...it was a bad game for us," Bobcats head coach Paul Silas said.
A 15-2 run by the Blazers, capped by Aldridge's layup, gave the hosts a 24-9 lead with 3:10 remaining in the opening quarter.
Aldridge netted 14 points while Wallace added nine as the Blazers took a commanding 35-18 advantage into the second.
The Blazers led by as many as 28 in the second stanza before taking a 61-35 lead at halftime. Portland shot 57.1 percent and scored 24 points off of 13 Charlotte turnovers in the opening half.
Portland took a 92-48 lead into the fourth and led by as many as 48 points in the final stanza before cruising to the easy win.
The Blazers forced 18 steals and scored 33 points off 23 Charlotte turnovers.
The Bobcats have lost 10 straight road games...The Blazers dished out 26 assists...Raymond Felton had 11 points and seven assists for Portland...Charlotte made just 1-of-9 from beyond the arc while Portland was 7-of-14 from three-point range.
- CHARLOTTE: 68
Feb 2 12:20 AM
- CHARLOTTE: 48
End of 3rd
Feb 1 11:51 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 35
Feb 1 11:08 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 18
End of 1st
Feb 1 10:38 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 1 10:12 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 10