Spurs win 14th straight, send Sixers to 25th loss in a rowMar 25, 2014 - 4:25 AM
One more loss stands between them and a dubious distinction of ineptitude.
Austin Daye netted 22 points off the bench and the San Antonio Spurs handed the Sixers their 25th straight loss following a 113-91 rout on Monday night.
Philadelphia visits the Houston Rockets on Thursday in an effort to avoid matching the longest single-season losing skid in NBA history held by the 2010-11 Cleveland Cavaliers. The Rockets are 28-7 at home this season.
The Sixers, who've dropped 11 straight on the road, haven't won since a buzzer-beating victory in Boston over the Celtics on Jan. 29. Evan Turner scored the winning bucket and he's now a member of the Indiana Pacers.
Tim Duncan poured in 19 points for the Spurs, who have won 14 in a row.
Tony Parker sat out the game for San Antonio due to a sore left Achilles.
Michael Carter-Williams and Thaddeus Young had 17 points apiece to lead Philadelphia.
"It felt like they were running 100 miles per hour out there," Young said of the Spurs. "They were moving and passing and cutting, but that is a sign of a team who has been together for a few years and has been a championship contending team each and every year."
The Spurs led 31-24 after a quarter of play before they netted the first 15 points of the second to pull away for good.
Daye hit a pair of triples and recorded eight points during the surge, which he capped with a jumper for a commanding 45-24 advantage with 7:20 left in the second.
"He is a skilled guy. Obviously he can shoot it, but he is also a good passer. He knows how to play the game and it was good to be able to get him some time tonight," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said.
San Antonio took a 60-44 advantage into the break and an 89-68 cushion into the fourth, where they led by as many as 24 before cruising to the easy win.
The Sixers are 2-27 in San Antonio since 1984 ... San Antonio shot 55.7 percent (44-of-79) from the floor and 48.1 percent (13-of-27) from beyond the arc.
Mar 24 10:40 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 91
SAN ANTONIO: 113
End of Regulation
Mar 24 10:40 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 68
SAN ANTONIO: 89
End of 3rd
Mar 24 10:11 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 44
SAN ANTONIO: 60
Mar 24 9:31 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 24
SAN ANTONIO: 31
End of 1st
Mar 24 9:02 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 2
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Mar 24 8:41 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13