Pistons rally past CelticsApr 6, 2014 - 3:52 AM
"I pride myself on getting offensive rebounds," Drummond said. "That's how I get my points."
Rodney Stuckey netted 26 points off the bench, Greg Monroe provided 21 points and seven rebounds and Brandon Jennings added 20 points for Detroit, which trailed by as many as 19 in the second half.
The Pistons had dropped 10 of their last 12 games coming in.
Jared Sullinger tallied 22 points and 10 boards, while Jerryd Bayless supplied 25 points for the Celtics, who have lost eight games in a row.
"I thought we let off the gas defensively a couple of times and all of a sudden, instead of a 19-point game, it's a 13- or 12-point game," Boston head coach Brad Stevens said.
Drummond's tip-in with 1:51 left tied the game at 111-111 and Stuckey sunk two foul shots with 57.6 ticks on the clock after Phil Pressey was called for a loose ball foul to put Detroit in front.
Jeff Green missed a short jumper and Bayless was off the mark on a triple on Boston's next two possessions. Jennings knocked down a pair of game-sealing free throws with 5.6 seconds remaining.
Boston led 32-29 after a quarter of play and Bayless capped a 12-3 run with a trey to open the second for a 44-32 margin. The Celtics took a 65-55 cushion into the break.
A Bayless triple gave Boston its largest lead at 82-63 with 7:40 to go in the third and it held a 95-85 spread after three.
Jonas Jerebko's 3-pointer finished off a 15-4 Detroit burst for its first lead of the second half, 100-99, with 7:12 left.
The Pistons held a 43-37 rebounding margin and a 50-32 points in the paint advantage ... Detroit shot 48.1 percent (38-of-79) from the floor ... Pressey had 12 points and 11 assists.
Apr 5 10:01 PM
- BOSTON: 95
End of 3rd
Apr 5 9:25 PM
- BOSTON: 65
Apr 5 8:45 PM
- BOSTON: 32
End of 1st
Apr 5 8:05 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Apr 5 7:46 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27